Be a PART of the ARTS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the RiverArtsFest. We need more than 350 volunteers for the weekend to put on a successful event that showcases this city's great hospitality.
We cannot pay, but we do provide you a t-shirt to wear during the festival. Be sure to include your shirt size preference.
We have many opportunities to participate in the festival. When filling out the online application, please indicate your shift preference and the area where you would like volunteer. We will do our best to place you in the area you request, but we reserve the right to assign you where needed. If you would like to work with someone please make note on your application.
Greeter — Greet festival guests and take tickets at entrance gates. Answer general questions and hand out programs.
- Shifts: Saturday 9:45A-1:00P & 1:00P-6:00P | Sunday 9:45A-1:00P & 1:00P-5:30P
First Aid — Need qualified health professionals to run the first aid tent
- Various shifts available
Check In for Artist Market — Register artists, present packets, field questions and direct to the Load-in area.
- Shift: Friday 9:00-1:ooP & 1:00P-6:00P
Opening Night Sponsors Party —VIP Check-in, field questions, monitor area, deliver refreshments to artist market, help with cleanup during the event and after.
- Shift: Friday 3:00P-6:00P; 5:00P-9:00P
Artist Market Ambassador — Meet artists, booth sit during breaks, field questions, deliver snacks or drinks, and communicate information regarding the festival as needed.
- Shifts: Friday 5 - 9pm, Saturday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 6pm & Sunday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 5:30pm,
Merchandise Sales — Selling items and recording quantity sold.
- Shifts: Saturday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 6pm & Sunday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 5:30pm,
Artist at Work — Setup tables, assists artists, load and unload artists' supplies, run messages, deliver snacks, drinks.
- Shifts: Saturday & Sunday, various times
Beer and Wine Sales — ABC card holders needed. Sell tickets, check id’s and serve beer, wine and water.
- Must be 21 or older with valid ID. Monitor and coordinate restocking.
- Beer Affidavit is required for beer & wine sales. To procure, go to: City of Memphis Permits Office located at 2714 Union Ave Ext Suite 200 (2nd Floor), 901-636-6711. (CASH ONLY).
- Additional details will be given upon verification and approval of your affidavit.
- Shifts: Friday 5pm - 9pm. Saturday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 6pm & Sunday 9:45am - 1pm / 1pm - 5:30pm,
Teardown/Load Out — Work with RAF Directors to assist Artist Market artist and all vendors with logistics on timely and organized exiting of the festival grounds. Requires great people and radio communication skills.
- Shift: Friday 10AM - Noon; Sunday 4:00P-9:ooP
Not sure what you want to do? Just let us know the day and shift you would like to volunteer, and we'll find an opportunity for you! Thank you and spread the news to your friends and family.