Volunteering for RiverArtsFest
We are looking for volunteers interested in assisting with the production of RiverArtsFest 2016. If you are looking to Be a PART of the ARTS then this opportunity is for you. We have many opportunities to participate in the festival. You can sign up using our on-line volunteer register. Please be sure to indicate your shift preference and the area where you would like volunteer. We will do our best to place you in the area you request, but we reserve the right to assign you where needed.
Before the start of the festival, we will email you back a confirmation along with a volunteer release. Please bring that release with you when you come to volunteer check in. You will be notified where to report as we get closer to festival time.
As a volunteer you agree to provide your services without charge. We can not pay, but we will be happy to give you a T-shirt which we will ask you to wear during the festival. Be sure to include your size preference so we can right size our T-shirt order.
2016 RiverArtsFest Volunteer Opportunities October 21, 22, and 23
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the RiverArtsFest. It takes over 350 volunteers and it would not happen without your help!
Volunteer Opportunities for the 2016 RiverArtsFest held October 21, 22 & 23 on Historic South Main Street in Downtown Memphis include the following:
Greeter (Festival Entry) Saturday 9:30-1:30 and 1:00-5:30, Sunday 9:30-1:30 and 1:00-4:30
- Greet festival guests and take tickets at the gate. Answer general questions and hand out programs.
Check In for Artist Market (Friday only) shifts: 7:30am-1p & 1p-6p
- Check in: Register artists, present packets, field questions and direct them to the load in area. Radio Communication to booth location volunteers…
Opening Night RAF Preview Party (Friday only) shift 5:30 to 9pm (FULL)
- Sell Tickets, VIP Check in, field questions, and monitor area, deliver refreshments to artist market, help with cleanup during the event and after…
Artist Market Ambassador (Friday thru Sunday) various shifts per day
- Great opportunity to meet artists, give them a break, field questions, get them a snack or a drink and communicate information regarding the festival as needed
Information Booth/ Merchandise Sales (Saturday and Sunday) various shifts per day
- Merchandise Sales – Selling posters, t-shirts and caps and recording quantity sold (this could be at various locations)
Artist at Work (Saturday and Sunday) various shifts per day
- Setup tables, assists artist, crowd control, load and unload artist’s supplies, run messages, get snacks, drinks…
Beer and Wine Sales (Friday thru Sunday) various shifts per day
- Sell tickets, check id’s, serve beer, wine and water. Must be 21 or older with valid ID. Radio communication for restocking.
- Beer Affidavit is required for Beer sales. If you need to get one go to: City of Memphis Permits Office 2714 Union Ave Ext Suite 200 (2nd Floor) Behind the Mexican restaurant on Poplar 901-636-6711. (CASH ONLY). RAF will reimburse or you can make a tax deductible donation.
- Additional details will be given upon verification and approval of your application.
Entertainment (Saturday and Sunday) various shifts per day
- Saturday and Sunday: Volunteers in this area provide assistance to the entertainment coordinators of the event. Duties include assisting with the setup and transport of entertainment equipment, and any assistance to the artists as needed during the event. Direct musicians to parking, light traffic control while moving in equipment, radio communication
Volunteer Hospitality and Check in (Saturday and Sunday) various shifts per day
- Assist volunteer chair with check in, T shirt selection, provide directions to volunteer’s assignment; maintain hospitality area with snacks, drinks…
Teardown/Load Out (Sunday only) 4-8pm
- Volunteers in this area help assist with the artist load. Volunteers will communicate with artists and provide logistical support.
Not sure what you want to do – Just let us know the day and shift you would like to volunteer and we will find an opportunity for you.
Note many positions fill quickly so we just ask that you be flexible if there is a need somewhere else. If you would like to work with someone please make note on your application and remind us when you check in.
If you signed up at Trolley Nights or any other event We kindly ask that you take a moment to resubmit your online registration below. This method is easier, quicker and helps us to save some trees! Thanks.
Have Questions or need assistance?
If you have any questions about volunteering please feel free to contact us.